Friday, February 04, 2005

Rideau Street on a Friday Afternoon...

...is a very sketchy spot. I just love walking home past drug deals out in the open and the smell of pot in the air. So, my exciting evening consisted of ordering in Swiss Chalet and watching tv and movies. The phone rang during Freddy vs. Jason and it was none other than CT and Foxy! Very pleasant surprise. Chatted with them for about an hour, and hung up. Not even 5 minutes later the phone rang again...it sounded like it was someone at the front door cause there was so much static and background noise. I said hello about 3 times before Miss Macewen finally realized she was on the phone at the bar, and my god was she drunk. She was out for a surprise baby shower for her brother and had been drinking for about 4 1/2 hours before she called me. Apparently there was a substitute teacher there named Trevor who she thought I needed to talk to, so she handed his phone back to him. We chatted for a couple minutes while Pegs is yelling at him in the background telling him to get my address so he can come over and watch tv with me !?!?!?! He sounded like a very nice guy, and Peggy "whispered" (or so she thought) into the phone, "but Michelle, he's cute! If someone strange shows up at your door later, his name's Trevor." Oh Pegs. Can't wait to see how much of this incident she remembers tomorrow. I had to kindly remind her that she and Trev were very drunk and I was not and perhaps we could talk about this tomorrow. Oh my. She was quite entertaining and so loud I think my roomie could hear her and he was on the other side of the room. So, that was the excitement of my night. 10:15 and no visitors as of yet. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that no one shows up. Hope you all had a more exciting night than I did. Tell me all about it so I can live vicariously through you. Talk to you soon!

Love,
MC

2 comments:

The Girls said...

hehe, I'm still laughing at that. I love discreet drunk Peggy. She always whispers! CT

The Girls said...

hahaha! Gotta love Pegs. Hey maybe this substitute Trevor is hot? Maybe you should bring this up to Peggy again!!! I love her whispers!
Amanda