Saturday, February 26, 2005

Oh how I missed hostel life

Michelle you will like this one alot! Lastnight I went to the Xavier Rudd concert. It was amazing. I hope that there is someone good playing at the Commodore when you are here Michelle that place is an amazing venue. Xavier has the best aura, and his energy just fills the room and engulfs ones whole body. Then that energy is projected back onto him from the crowd. I have never felt that intune with a musician before. Truly spiritual...... There were alot of Aussies there as well! I was in heaven, for amoment I felt like I was back there, a tear fell down my face.
After the concert (I went solo so didn't have anything to do afterwards) I wandered the street around my hostel (the reason I stayed in a hostel is because I couldn't bus it back into PoCo that late, plus I missed the traveling life I just wanted a taste again) and noticed someone famillar in one of the lineups to a bar. It turned out to be one of the guys Monique, Lindsay and I met lastweekend! He was with the whole crowd and everyone was so stoked to see me! It was great we partied and danced..... I love this city! It was such an Island thing to happen :) Although we would know everyone in line not just a few people, but you get my drift.
So after we stepped outside and I said byes, looked for my hostel....... we were at it! Silly me, we were at the bar at the hostel. I missed Michelle and her directions :) Got back into my room and the roomie was sleeping. I fell asleep and was woken when my roommate got up. Still didn't see her I just rolled over and fell back "asleep". A half an hour later I was woken up by my roommate........ A 62 YEAR OLD, RUSSIAN/FRENCH CANADIAN !!!!!! She wanted to know if I wanted to go to breakfast. I had to sleep, I worked at 12:30 and still had to bus back! ARGH!!!
She asked me like 4 times for breakfast. NO THANKYOU, SLEEP PLEASE. I am too nice :(
She ended up coming back later with a slice of apple, doughnut, and teabag. She ment well and was very nice, but Russian so she was quite "weathered". She decided since I was "awake" now that she would tell me her whole life story! So Michelle all of the "weird guests" we got stuck with at our hostels were because of me! I am sure of it now. I am a magnet for strange ones! :)
That was my weekend! Gotta love traveling! Peace, Amanda
Oh yeah, I threw the apple and doughnut out when I got downstairs, after I met two nice guys from England in the hallway!

2 comments:

The Girls said...

Glad to hear you had a good weekend! Although I have to admit, I too am having flashbacks to when you were in Australia- hearing about you traveling alone at night on all your wild adventures still makes me uneasy! Sorry, I can't help it, I have to mother you sometimes! haha Nonetheless, I am happy you're still rockin' it up in BC. I'll get to join you on some of those crazy nights when I get out there (woo hoo!). Later, Marla

The Girls said...

Glad to hear you had a good weekend! Although I have to admit, I too am having flashbacks to when you were in Australia- hearing about you traveling alone at night on all your wild adventures still makes me uneasy! Sorry, I can't help it, I have to mother you sometimes! haha Nonetheless, I am happy you're still rockin' it up in BC. I'll get to join you on some of those crazy nights when I get out there (woo hoo!). Later, Marla