Sunday, February 20, 2005

Apartment on FIRE!

So I wake up this morning at like 8:30 am...to hear nothing but fire engines and loud noises etc. I didn't think anything of it because lets face it its Halifax and I live pretty much in ghetto! Anyways around 10am Lindsay was going to the gym and called me from there. I guess the apartment building right behind the gym was on fire, and I mean a blaze! I went outside and the whole roof was nothing but flames, I felt so bad. All the people outside watching and fire engines everywhere! The gym was eventually closed b/c the power went out and so did our apartment building (in case you don't know where this is, its across the street from me). So anyways this was around 1030-11 am that I went outside to look. Sean and I came back after our Sunday drive at around 6:00pm the place was still in flames, the whole sky is black its such a sin. I feel so bad cause there is nothing we can do. I have to see if it is on the news, and I only hope that nothing like that happens to our place.
I was out on sat. and saw Rod Hood at the mall...."most awkard situation of the year" we both saw each other so we couldn't walk away, so I said hi, what youa re you up to...I knew he was here to see Kim so I didn't ask what he was doing here. I asked him how he was and what he was doing on PEI now. Then I was like I gotta get out of here, I felt like my heart was in the throat the whole time and I knew he did too cause he was red. Anyways...thats life. I 'm home now making some chilli hope it turns out , first time. you know i never have much to say but when I do I really do...when it rains it pours!
talk to you all later
Love
Pam

1 comment:

The Girls said...

Wow Pam! That is scary. I have never seen a place on fire up close before, and I hope I never can. Did you know anyone that lived in the complex? You can help them out by giving $$$ to the Red Cross as I think they may be the ones that help out fire victims that have nowhere to go. Hope the chilli turned out well, and wasn't too hot that it burnt your place down (sorry bad joke).
Take care,
Amanda