Thursday, February 17, 2005

10 things I learned today

Hey ladies,
Well I must say that today I have learned a lot of things. I would like to make a list for you so that you can remember it for future reference:
  1. When you have parent teacher interviews the next morning ask your brother not to go out and get really drunk and spend the night puking his guts out in your bathroom. Felt like he was actually in the room with me.
  2. Don't bother putting make-up on because by the time the parents are actually arriving you've spent 6 hours with 25 little angels.
  3. If you've dressed up for the interviews you are bound to have a child drop his milk on your foot, managing to get on both your shoe and pantihose.
  4. DO NOT choose the day of parent teacher interviews to paint with your class for the first time. Not for the obvious reasons, mess, paint on white clothes etc. but because the paint actually reeks and so does your class as you entertain these parents.
  5. If you open the windows to air out the class room while you go eat supper at 4:30, because that's the only break you have, when you return the class will be like an icebox.
  6. If you tell the janitor that you are freezing due to your class being an icebox it opens up the door for him to look at YOUR chest to see if this is true.
  7. Yelling at the janitor in the hallway while parents are awaiting their turn is not appropriate.
  8. Drinking a nalgene and a chocolate milk before 7 interviews that you stupidly scheduled back to back is not a wise idea for obvious reasons.
  9. If you want parents who you don't expect to show up to actually show up schedule 7 interviews back to back. They'll be sure to come then.
  10. All of the previous can be solved if you mix ice, ice cream, milk and Baja Rosa together in the blender, this is what I'm doing now.

Love ya girls,

And you all better coment on this one!

CT

3 comments:

The Girls said...

Oh CT, sounds like you had an eventful day. I'll be sure to remember all of these things the next time I have parent teacher interviews. My day was alittle more tame. Went to a meeting with the Dept. of National Defence, then went shopping after work, and did Disc 2 of Carmen Electra's Fit to Strip. I was sweating like a pig. Sh'e does a good work out. Very Ufit like. There's still another section to do, but I don't think I'll get to it tomorrow since it's unlikely I'll be able to move. It's been 4 hours and I hurt already. Good luck with the rest of the interviews. You're a real teacher now!!! :)

Love,
MC

The Girls said...

Well you always have an interesting time, although I'm sure you still did a great job! Milk spilled and all hahaha You go Ms. Tessier!
Pam

Anonymous said...

well, i was just talking to you two minutes ago so not much to say. Just have fun tonite and please do hot turn into an alchoholic and I will not turn into a coke addict! hahaha
Love ya,
Amanda