Wednesday, January 19, 2005

this is such a good idea!

Well girlies. this is a great idea Michelle. Good way to let you all know that I am a freak and have put an ad in the personals!! Yes it is true, I am sick of meeting people at bars when I'm drunk and disorderly so I decided to sign up on Lava Life....since noone is going to come up to me on the street and chat. So far it has been outstanding! I posted yesterday and I have already recieved 10 smiles (most are ugly boys) and have been chatting with 4 guys. They all seem really nice, and one asked for my # (harmless really). He called me tonight and wants me to go with him to his friends place to hang out on Sat. I think we are meeting for a drink on Friday. I promise I will be careful. We chatted for awhile and seem to have alot in common, I saw a photo of him and yes he is cute (I'm not that stupid)
I did however meet a guy at the bus stop tonight, while we were stranded in the rain waiting for a bus that was one hour late! It made it better. Maybe we will cross paths again?!?!?
Clayton (the guy from Lavalife) told me he knows what it is like to be the new person in town and wants to be my friend! How sweet! I'll let you know how it goes.
Just waiting for the comments on this one!
Love yas all!
Amanda

2 comments:

The Girls said...

I've already been there and tried that. Peggy's brother and his girlfriend met on Lavalife and they're such a great couple that they inspired me to give it a go. I signed up right after Thanskgiving. Unfortunately, I do not have your luck with the boys and I ended up with about 5-10 smiles a day...usually from 30-40 year old indian or asian guys. Not really my type. I sent a couple smiles to cuties with no response. I pretty much gave up right before Christmas. And that's the story of that. I've browsed the Ottawa men...maybe I'll give it another go, but why bother when I can have JP, right????

MC

The Girls said...

Oh Michelle no! Anyone over JP always anyone over JP. As for Amanda well you seem to be having pretty good luck. I'm sure if I tried it the only guys in close proximity would be not my type at all!