Tuesday, March 15, 2005

My attempt at a CT-worthy story

Again...I'm in the middle of studying for a damn test. And this time it's a final exam because it's a condensed course. I was kind of pretending that it was a midterm and not trying to stress until I woke up Sunday morning hungover. That's when Darcy asked how much the test was worth and I heard myself say out loud "70%"!!! That's when I got scared. It didn't help that he said "then why did you go out?" Oops. Oh well it was fun. Plus the liquor helped take the edge off my back pain (I'll get to that later). Saturday night there was a St. Patrick's Day party at Thompson house (grad house/bar) which is really close to us. So Darcy, me, Matt, Julie, Jane, Jeff (Jane's bf) decided to go. They all came over here before for a little predrinking :) and snacks. I decided to be cute and have green themed foods (thank God I didn't get sick later!) such as guacomole, tostitos lime flavour (I recommend), mint oreo cookies, limes, and green candies (not exactly the most appetizing combo of foods but it looked festive.) Ok there was also pita, hummus, pretzels and dip...everything can't be green. Although I did think of using some green food dye but decided against it. I should also mention that we were all dressed in bright green. This is something that became much funnier when we arrived at Thompson house to find no one else in green. Jane, Julie and I were also wearing Shamrock crowns...I will put a pic on here when I get them from Julie. The night went by pretty fast...thanks to my good old friend raspberry twist vodka. haha.
And now for my back incident. Now I pride myself on being quite flexible but Thursday night this worked against me. Darcy was sitting on a chair and I came up behind him (I was actually pretending to strangle him). Then he decided to pull me over his shoulder...except that instead of just part of my body coming over....somehow my whole body flipped over the chair and I landed on my back. Would have been kind of cool if it didn't hurt so much. So I've become best friends with my heating pad and some muscle relaxants (don't worry didn't mix them with the liquor). It's feeling better but not back to normal. Wish I knew someone with a hot tub!

Ok that is all my excitement. Except that it is actually starting to feel like Spring here and I think a pigeon is making our balcony his home.
Love, Lyndsay

No comments: