Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Hugging Frankenriter

Lastnight seemed like the longest night of my life. Long but good however.... It all started off when Jody (guy Michelle and I met in Byron) picked myself and Monique up for the Donavan Frankenriter concert in the city. We got 3 blocks from Mo's place and the car DIED!! Yep Gonzo!!! So we got help to push it out of the way. Some random guy came back with tools to help (along with his g-friend who looked like someone from Children of the Corn). No luck with the car, or trying to get the girl to smile :( Oh yeah Mo and I were pretty stoned, so this was all funny. We have pics to prove all this, as soon as I get them and figure out how to post pics I will show. Called a tow truck, hung out at a 7-11 for 45mins then we were on our way to the concert via Skytrain (gotta love public transit). We arrived at the venue just in time. Caught an hour of the show (missed the opener, but I saw them at the Xavier Rudd concert anyways). After the unbelieveable concert Donavan came down into the crowd, and did a meet and greet! Such a wonderful guy. We got a photo with him and he hugged me when I told him I saw him surf in Newcastle! Top notch dude.
Then we headed to a bar called The Cellar. There was some band that sounded like Sublime/Mighty Mighty Bosstones playing. Everyone was dancing like the running man but kicking their feet out further. Can't beat 'em, join em'!
Headed back towards the Skytrain station after having a fake snowball fight at the bar (bouncers included) only to find on Sundays the station closes early. We had to take a bus as close as we could to Mo's place then cab it the rest of the way $$$ is draining fast, but the times are worth it all!!!!
I heart Vancouver! Amanda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have only one word for you and that is...jealous. However, in only 46 more days I will be joining you and the Byron crew for the craziness that takes place in Van City!!!! I can not wait.

MC