Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Peer Pressure

My weekend was pretty tame...until Saturday night. Darcy has an apartment full of visitors so they were all going for dinner at l'Academie (a bring your own wine restaurant). I decided to join because the food there is quite good. Someone made the rule (I don't remember who) that we had to each bring a bottle of wine. I went safe with a white Masi wine that I like. I almost made it through the bottle but I passed on my last half a glass. Things were fine until I stood up - that's the problem about those places! I was walking home feeling pretty tipsy. Luckily, a bus came along because otherwise I might not have made it home. I got home, took Chlo outside and collapsed on my bed. Then pretty soon after I became best friends with my toilet. :'( Michelle, when you come to visit we have to go to a BYOW place but don't let anyone make the one bottle per person rule...or at least convince me that I shouldn't go along with it. Remember our wine night in the summer?? :) Ahh memories...
Matt will still be here the weekend of June 3rd. He's writing the CFA test here on June 3rd so that Saturday night is going to be crazy. We've already decided on making a stop at the beer festival. I'm sure there will be lots of other places too. Do you know yet if you can come for Snow Patrol??? My fingers are crossed.
Love, Lynds

3 comments:

The Girls said...

Hi Lynds,

I think I'll be there for Snow Patrol. I'd like to be there for the whole weekend before, but it seems to be an either/or kind of thing. Can't afford to go down and back twice in a week, but also don't want to take 2 vacation days to stay from Saturday until the concert. As fun as it would be to get drunk with Matt Allas (could be interesting considering how we used to fight in high school geometry class), not sure I could make it all happen. So, I'll leave it up to you to decide which you'd like me to do more...come for the whole weekend, or come for the concert. Big decisions :) Talk to you soon.

MC

The Girls said...

Too bad you couldn't take 2 vacation days...or maybe one vacation and one sick day. I'm evil. :) If I have to choose I pick Snow Patrol. The concert will be really good and it won't be the same alone. Damn...I wish you could come for the weekend. But I really don't know what the plans for the weekend will be. Matt will be studying hard core the friday night so it would just be Saturday night...and it could be a bit too crazy. We'll have lots of drinking this weekend post race. Has Peggy decided yet about the race??
Love, L

Anonymous said...

What time should I get there on Tuesday? I can arrive at either 6 or 8. I'm thinking 6. I want to book ASAP to make sure it's still cheap. :) Can't wait! Also, what time are you going to get here on Friday do you think? I just want to make sure I'm home when you get there.

MC