Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Missing all of you so much!

I don't know what it is about today but the sun is shining, it's a beautiful day, I just did U-Fit outside and all I can think about is how much I wish one of you was here to share it with me. Luckily just got off the phone with Foxy and she's coming for a visit in June. Hopefully Lynn and I are going out on the town this weekend so that will give me a little girl time. So just thought I'd write you ladies a note to let you know how my weekend was. For those who didn't know I flew to Toronto last Wednesday for Skate Canada's annual meeting in Markham. Well I walked in through the security check at the C-town airport and who is sitting there but Mark Burke! I gave him a huge hug and we spent the next half hour catching up. He proposed to Charlene on Valentine's Day in Arizona. He's buying his grand-mother's house on Moreau Dr. and is buying Dr. Beer's practice so he's pretty well set. He was on his way to write his boards in Kitchener. We caught each other up on all the news and promised to get together when everyone came home. I've since found out that Marcel got into physio at Dal and is on the waiting list for Western. Everyone's all grown up! Anyway some things never change. Waiting for my luggage I looked at the first two blue bags that came my way. Mark was waiting for his mother's bright purple luggage. Then he started laughing at me and was like what colour is your bag because those two bags weren't even close to the same colour. I was like oh shut up they were so! Eventually my bag comes and I'm pleased to see that it's all wet and Mark adds to this by saying it smells like shampoo but that's ok you'll be able to buy more shampoo. I look at him and say and a new wardrobe because if that shampoo is all over my suitcase it's all over my clothes too. Turns out is wasn't. We parted ways and I waited for the Skate Canada guy to pick me up. He did and after getting lost in the parking lot, losing out ticket to get out of the parking lot, missing the exit not once but twice. Then it was off to Markham. Beautiful huge hotel. The rest of the weekend wasn't nearly as interesting as it was mostly skating stuff. Got a little shopping done and Saturday night we went into Lord of the Rings musical. It was amazing and they actually explain a lot more than they do in the movie, unless you go to the movie and bring Lyndsay's little brother to explain it all to you. Today was my spring concert and things went pretty good. That's about all I got for you ladies. I got a Lulu zippie at the Eaton Centre they had so much more selection than they do here I just couldn't help myself. Gotta go shower before the boy toy arrives.
Love yas,
CT

4 comments:

The Girls said...

CT, I'm sad to hear that you're missing us so much :( I miss you too! Sorry I didn't call you back the other night. I'm a horrible friend. The only consolation that I can give you is that I'll be home as soon as I can :) I've just sort of taken to assuming that you're probably not coming up to visit since you still haven't made any plans. At least you've got Colin to keep you company. I go shopping almost every day after work to avoid being home alone for hours on end. I really need to find a hobby. That just sounded very depressing. Anyway, you'll cheer up as soon as school's finished I bet. Wish I was there to give you a big hug.

Love,
MC

The Girls said...

Hey now, I've looked at flights a few times and I am still thinking of coming up. I just have to get my ass in gear and actually book the flight.

The Girls said...

:P

CanJet flights from Hali are $129 every day of the week, I believe.

MC

The Girls said...

I'm not flying from Hali. I would far rather pay the extra money to fly into C'town than have to drive home from Hali.