Friday, May 12, 2006

I miss the gentle island....

Hi girls,
It's been a long time since I've posted. I've been sick ever since I arrived back in MTL but am finally getting better. I meant to post about last weekend...but I guess I forgot. We had a year-end party on May 5th so it was Cinco de Mayo themed. We had a great time...lots of drinks, food and even a pinata. Afterwards, Jules and I decided we needed more drinks so we met up with Darcy and some of his friends and went to a bar. I gave Darcy my keys to hold at some point in the evening and forgot about that until I arrived home at my apartment at 3:00am. Luckily, some people came by so I was able to get into my lobby. I finally reached Darcy and he said he'd bring my keys over right away. Meanwhile, Matt came home so I hung out with him. Darcy did leave right away but left in such a hurry that he got here and realized he not only forgot my keys but left his keys in his apartment too. So we were both locked out. He went back to his place to try and get in (with no luck). So I slept on Matt's futon until 8am Saturday when I decided it was safe to wake up the landlord to get in my apartment. Poor Chloe was pretty upset but had lots of food and water and newspaper to pee on. Darcy also got in his place the next morning after sleeping for a few hours in his apartment doorway. What a weekend...I spent the rest of the weekend trying to catch up on the sleep I missed Friday night.
My last day for my summer job is August 6th. So I'll be home ~Aug.8th until ~Aug.28th!!! I'm very excited! I can't wait. My aunt and cousins will be visiting from Aug. 10th-17th. I would be up for the having the whore house anytime except Aug. 12th because I think we're having a big surprise family thing for my parents that day. Near the end of the summer Jane and Julie might come to visit for a few days and then I could drive back with them.
Miss you.
Love, Lynds

5 comments:

The Girls said...

It's been awhile since we ran a whorre house. Pam what is your mom's cut again? hehe I'm awful, but I will have to settle on a rate, luckily I'm much cheaper than Lyndsay ;)

The Girls said...

Wow , so my parents came over last night by total surprise and sean was here. Suddenly I started to get these flash backs from the cottage....(throw everything in the closet!!) hahaha Anyway we'll have to figure something out I'm super excited for a totally bitchin', obnoxious, girls night out!! :)
Can't wait to see ya...and try not to get locked out this weekend!
Pam

The Girls said...

Huh girls night out? There will be a tonne of those but I was kind of thinking a night at the cottage would be girls night in. Beatiful day on the gentle island ps. Nothing to do though, maybe drive to Belfast with my bro to get some lobster. Think I'm heading to Jake's tonight with the boys after a little 3 man. I'll have to keep it clean without my trusty sidekick though. Right Marla ;)
CT

The Girls said...

I vote for many girls' nights out but the cottage will probably be a girls night in...we can still have drinks though!! We can have cartwheel contests...I'm so excited. It's a dark rainy day here. When did Jake's open?? My big plans for the day are doing laundry and going for a run. Everyone who said doing the elliptical is not at all like running...you were so right!! MC is going to have to scrape me off the pavement. Peggy is going in the run now too...so I'm excited to have the company. Maybe Peggy could carry me part way. hehe. Even better - I could get a wagon and she could pull me!
Love you girls,
Lynds

The Girls said...

Oh I'm so gonna start practicing for the cartwheel contest now. And yeah about the eliptical Lynds hon all I can say is duh!
CT