Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Long time no post

Hi ladies,

Sorry I've been so slack in my postings to the blog lately. I just have nothing new to tell. Last weekend was spent at Peggy and Hugh's, as per usual. Ended up eating way too much and drinking too much on Saturday night when Jonny Pearcy called out of the blue to say he was in town, so we all hung out. Nothing too extrodinary to report about the experience.

This weekend, for Canada Day, my friend Carolyn from TO will be coming to visit. As well, Jonny will be back in town, this time with his woman in tow, and I've conviced Stephen Liu to make the trek from Kingston. Hopefully it works out well and the weather cooperates. Unfortunately the groups's going to be a little smaller than first anticipated, especially with the absence of the Lynds :( TO Carolyn leaves Monday evening, then I have one day before CT arrives. Have you figured out what time you get here yet? It would be very helpful :P

In other news, part of my package from Australia arrived. Due to a mix up on Dr. Rob's part, the shipping info on the original package was filled out wrong and he ended up sending the package to himself at the office. Brilliant, I know. So, instead of resending the whole thing, he went on eBay and purchased a webcam from TO and had it shipped directly to me. Got it all set up on Thursday, but have yet to actually use it. I'm nervous! We haven't seen each other in over two years and I worry that he's going to see me on there and I'm not going to be what he remembered/expected and he's not going to want to talk to me anymore :( I'm such a paranoid girl.

I also wanted to comment on Kate Ellis's wedding. I just saw the pic in the Guardian online yesterday. She looked amazing! I never imagined she could look so girly. Jane, on the other hand, does not look so good as a blonde. Just my opinion.

And my last comment is on a blog I came across through MJ's...http://overheardinchtown.blogspot.com/ . It's quite entertaining. Just started up a couple weeks ago I think, but it's comments overheard in Charlottetown. Anyone can email them in and get them posted. I think some of us should remember some of the classics we all overheard while working in theDish. I recommend that you all check it out and perhaps we can all discuss our fave Cavendish/dumb tourist quotes.

That's it for me. I'm at work and should probably be productive. Miss you all so much and see you in 38 days :D

MC

1 comment:

The Girls said...

Just an update to the earlier post...Rob and I had our first webcam "date". It went pretty well. I know I wasn't disappointed, so I hope he wasn't either. I'll keep you up to date. :D

MC