Sunday, April 30, 2006

Why me?

Hello ladies! Well as you can tell by my title my week-end sure wasn't all it was cracked up to be. It started on Friday afternoon when I was trying to rehears our spring play with my class. This woman came to the door and was like are you Carolyn? I said yes and she gives me this ginormous bouquet of flowers. If one of you says ahh I will not be impressed. As most of you know I detest flowers and I was absolutely mortified and my class lost all control. The principal came to the door laughing her head off and said everyone at the office wanted to know who they were from. I told my students they were from one of my skating students. Works for me. Then went to the rink where most of my skaters were skating not too bad for the day before tests. Go to the rink Saturday morning at 8 am and warm up my first 3 girls. First one goes and does all right but understandably not a pass. Next one goes and again does all right when the freaking power goes off. We spent the morning sitting outside the rink playing with the canskate toys and waiting for the power to come back on. Eventually the judges had to leave and go home so basically we got nothing accomplished. Now my kids will be judged by the judge I totally didn't want them to have. I'm telling you couldn't have gone any worse if they had all failed.
Hope you ladies had better weekends and Foxy, Lynds and Pam I had so much fun having you guys around.
Alone again in CTOWN
CT

3 comments:

The Girls said...

Ah, Carolyn (and not in the good way)...that sucks this weekend! I was having a stressful time trying to get my prospal ready for Monday, and looking for an apartment (no luck there). I hope that one of your girls passes though. Don't think i'll be over for mother's day, she'll probably come here to look for something to wear in the wedding. I'll be home soon though, just may not be in may! ! :) or i mean ;(

I hope you have a better week , i'll call you

oh yea, what kind of flowers were they hahaha
Pam

The Girls said...

I'm not sure I need to ask, but were the flowers from our favorite farmer? As much as you may not like flowers, or getting them at school for that matter, it was a nice gesture. And what happened to your date yesterday? Sounded like it was going well when you called...the weekend couldn't have been all bad. You did have a boy at your house cooking for you. It's much more than I can say for myself. Please continue to date, as I'm living vicariously through you. Miss you and I want details.

MC

The Girls said...

Yes they were from the farmer. I'm at work waiting for the kids to come in. Meanwhile my skaters are going to be testing this afternoon while I'm here teaching math. So basically it's all out of my control I'm going to phone the minute school is over and know whethere I can breathe a sigh of relief or keep stressing for another couple of months.
CT