Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Homesick :(

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to write and say hello. I've had a rough couple of days with being homesick. It's hard to get excited about being here when I never go out or do anything. It seems that, with the exception of Pegs, all the people who live here who I thought were 'friends' are anything but. I've been in touch with Jamie Coady, Angus, Derek, and Allison, been told by all of them that we were going to get together, I followed up with all of them, and I haven't seen a single one of them. Very frustrating when you make an effort and others obviously can't be bothered.

I'm stressed about finding a new apartment. I'm worried about Nick because the baby's due soon, and Pegs told me that J dropped out of school. It also seems like everyone at work that's asked me any questions this morning hase been very disappointed in my answers. It's going to be a long old week.

The one thing I can look forward to is my trip to NC this weekend. Hopefully the home of Dawson's Creek can cheer me up. I'm going up to Wilmington with Mom and Dad on Saturday and hopefully I'll get to go on a studio tour where they filmed DC and now One Tree Hill. (scratch that...just got an email back from them that that's the one day they're not offering the tour...f*ck!) The weather's supposed to be betweeen 25 and 27 and sunny, so the rest of the time will be spent on the beach and after prime tanning hours, I'll be shopping. Perhaps some vitamin D and retail therapy will cheer me up :)

Sorry to be such a downer, but I needed to vent. And now I will leave you with the following to enjoy....


I loved that movie. Miss you all lots.

Love,

MC

2 comments:

The Girls said...

Poor MC :( That is too bad, of course what would you expect from Angus and Derek but Jamie Coady I expected more from. Life ain't that bad chicky you went out to a huge gala of who's who's and you looked great. And yes Brokeback mountain was a great movie!!

The Girls said...

Too bad the gay cowboys can't give you a big hug. That would make any girl (or gay guy) feel better!! Ahhh. Maybe you should move an 1 hour east of Montreal. I know you have a friend there. :) hee hee. I'm pretty homesick too a lot of the time. It's weird being in a huge city with lots of people but not actually knowing many of them.
I hope you have a great time in NC and come back all golden!!
Miss you.
Lynds