Sunday, May 01, 2005

small world indeed

I have 2 instances where this world as large as it may look in scale is as tiny as PEI itself......

1) I was talking to a guy that I met on Lavalife (I know I am back on it, but I got bored again) and we were on the subject of music. I told him I love up and coming bands. He asked me if I heard of Joel Plaskett...........DUH........ I am from the Eastcoast. We both figured out we were at the same show about one month ago and we met eachother there! What are the chances. Funny thing was when we parted ways he said, "Will I ever see you again?" That is when I said, "Have you ever heard of serendipity?"
We meet again it seems. He seems great, but who knows with the "luck" I had with the former lavalife meets!

2) Chatting to another guy from Lavalife and told him I was from PEI. He said he knew a guy from the Island. Of course I did the whole "What is his name I probally know him!" Sure enough, however you will never guess who it is. It is also quite ironic the fact Michelle is here with me as well, I thought she was going to die........... Josh Ballem, and he knows Jarrod as well. How odd!

So wherever you may travel, whereever in this world you may live remember it is not as big as you may think. There might be someone just around the corner that you have a connection with and don't even know it.

Michelle and I want updates on Peakes CT and Marla. I was talking to Rebecca but she left early. Give us the juicy stuff!!!!!!

Today is moving day, I hope I get it all done in one trip! I just want to have it done with and out of here so I can begin my life on my own!!!!!!!!! Yeah for me :)
Hope all is well, miss yas! Love, Amanda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alas, I did not get the Peakes experience last night. I was at a party and had full intentions of heading to Peakes but after a night of 1. watching a couple fight and seeing the girl slap him in the face for saying a rude comment to her (even though the comment was kind of funny) 2. having to console the girl while she sobbed over it 3. seeing a guy drink so much he puked all over a chair and floor 4. seeing a guy get overly emotional and cry 5. overhearing a drunk guy tell someone I had "beautiful tits" (yuck!) as he stared at me with a weird creepy smile
So yeah, I guess you can imagine I was less than thrilled to go out and risk more drama... I had more than enough for one night!