Thursday, May 19, 2005

News from TO

Hey ladies,


How are you? I've got lots to tell you for once. I'll start with the concert. last night I made it onto the guest list for Snow Patrol. Apparently Lynds and Amanda are the only ones of you who appreciate the band. Anyway, I couldn't get anyone to come with me and I was in such a shitty, horrible mood that I was just going to skip it, but a the last minute I decided to suck it up and go because I knew if I didn't I'd probably regret it. So, I got there and said "I'm on the list" the girl asked whose and I said Davey Sherwin, the lighting guy. She looked and looked and proceeded to tell me I wasn't on there. I nearly shit myself. She asked if I could call him or anything and I said no, but he emailed me this morning and said there wouldn't be a problem. Then she asked if he worked at the venue, I said "no, he's the lighting guy for the band" "OH! That makes a HUGE difference. Here you are!" Yeah for me. There were like 10 lists and she was looking at everyone except the bands...perhaps because I didn't have an accent and therefore probably didn't know the band (they're Irish), not sure. So I went in and hung around the lighting area. Unlike in Vancouver where we stood right next to Davey and talked to him, this time it was fenced off and people had staked out their spots around it and were fierce about staying there. It was pretty funny. So, I finally saw Davy and talked to him for a minute before the show thanking him again. The show was alright. The venue sucked. It was at the Kool Haus which is basically a modern, madeover warehouse and the acoustics aren't very good. The Vogue theatre was way better. Davy agreed. So, I talked to him abit again after the show. He asked what I was doing, but didn't suggest I go out with them, so I left. He said they'd just had a week off in NYC so they were pretty tired and likely wouldn't be doing much. Got home safe and sound and all is well.

Next, I emailed the Matt Mays site the other day looking for Tim Baker. My bro just informed me last week that the drummer for Matt Mays is a family friend of ours from Hali. His sister used to be my best friend when we lived in Dartmouth. Just sent a message saying we haven't talked in awhile, glad to hear he's doing so well and that I was going to try to make it to the show in TO in a couple weeks because it's at Lee's Palace which is literally two blocks away. This morning I got an email back from Mr. Baker saying how great it was to hear from me and he'd love to see me at the show and catch up. Just let him know, and he'll put me and a guest on the list. I'm in! I'm also turning into MJ which is scary (no offence MJ :). So, in a couple weeks I'll be meeting Matt Mays. It was funny because his email was so polite. Now he's a rockstar, but still the same, sweet little Timmy Baker. Ahhh.

My Dad's coming this weekend. Bringing lobster. Can't wait. He's also getting in touch with the father of the hot son to see what they're up to. Might see him again after the subway meeting last week afterall.

I'm getting settled in to being back in TO. My new location is so much better. I'm in Yorkville, which is where all the rich and famous hang out. Last week there were two different sets of trailers for a movie and a tv show set up behind my house. I'm just off of Bloor West which is where are the fancy stores like Louis Vuitton and Prada are, but let me tell you, nothing makes you feel more poor and uncool than walking past Dior and Cartier with your bags from Dollarama and Valu-Mart. I say this from experience.

Anyway, it seems like it's going to turn out to be an ok summer. I have an unbleievable amount of school work to do in the next 5 weeks before I come home, but it'll be worth it because all of my presentations and projects will be over with and I won't have much to worry about for the rest of the summer, except money, but that's another story. So, I shall end it here. I have to shower before the cable guy comes. Talk to you soon.

Love, MC

2 comments:

The Girls said...

Michelle I know totally all about Bloor Street I intend to make my mark there when I go up to Toronto this summer, I've been dreaming of the LV store forever!!!! Your a very lucky girl, I loved the mall in Yorkville when I went there, Jenn goes to shop there a lot too, nice mall. Loves it!!

Well I'll just head to the halifax shopping center once again...but hey we are getting there we have mac and hey mic mac just got the lush store! We are doing well but its sad cause I don't have them to look forward to wehn I travel but hey once again when do I travel??

Your VERY envious friend
Pamela Vuttion

Anonymous said...

Again I just wanted to remind you to tell Matt Mays that I think he is super. Get his autograph for me!!!
Love Amanda