Saturday, May 07, 2005

Patrol Groupies

Last night, we went to see the Snow Patrol concert downtown. The opening act, Embrace, was pretty good. Didn't really see much of them though. We were too busy drinking beer and eating potato wedges at the hostel down the street. We stood up at the back against a barrier kind of thing, and we were right next to the lighting guy. During the show, we made friends with the lighting guy, Davey Sherwin. I was taking pictures and he saw me and wanted to look at them. I was afraid he was going to yell at me, but he thought they were pretty cool. Snow Patrol was awesome. Amanda almost cried because he sounded Irish and he reminded her of Adam, resulting in her trying to make several overseas phone calls at the concert...even asking a couple Irish guys what the area code was for Ireland. Oh my. I took some videos and I tried to put them up on the site, but I have absolutely no idea how to do it, which is too bad, cause they're really good. At the end of the night, we chatted with Davey the lighting guy, got the set list and his e-mail so we can send him the pictures from the show, and he can show the band! We are so in. I'm thinking of asking him for tickets to the show in TO next week...what do you think? Tonight we're off to try and find Monique's sister's wedding dance. She told Amanda where it was yesterday, but she can't seem to remember, so we'll see what happens on that front. I guess that's about it from Van City. CT, so glad you're representing at Peake's for the rest of us. Hope to hear what the rest of you are up to soon. Talk to you soon.
Love, MC and Amanda

1 comment:

The Girls said...

So glad to hear you gals are having fun!