Sunday, May 15, 2005

911 what is your emergency

Lastnight I was walking home from the busstop after work. I closed so I didn't get home until 2:30am!!! Totally worth the 100$ I made in tips! I was strolling along and I saw this lump on the sidewalk. I thought to myself....... "Self, why would someone put their garbage bag on the corner of a sidewalk?". As I approached the figure, I noticed it was a person!!!!!!!! He was sitting on the curb with this head to the ground, kind of an upright fetal position. I walked abit passed him then this wave of guilt came over me. Me and my "morals". I couldn't just leave him there. What if he was passed out and it started raining or even worse dead.......... I walked up closer and tried to see if he was breathing. Couldn't tell so I said, "Sir, hello!" No response. I wasn't going to nudge him, I was terrified enough already.......so........... I called 911. Got the ambulance described the situation (nice guy on the other end, he told me I didn't have to stick around since I was scared and that if I had any questions to call back). I walked the rest of the way home, feeling helpless. I called back about 30 min later and got a lady on the other end. I explained that I had called about an incident earlier and was wondering if she could tell me if the guy was ok. She was the BIGGEST bitch! She said in a snappy tone that they sent help and couldn't devulge that information. So now I will never know. I had the worst sleep lastnight thinking about it. How random for me to be walking that way, I usually walk up Commercial to 7th and up 7th Ave. Instead I got off at Lakewood. Considering it was 2:30 am it was my safest bet. I don't want anyone jumping out from bushes and scaring me to death!

No comments: