Sunday, April 24, 2005

Well...

Wow. That's pretty much all I can say. How about this I will organize my thoughts in a bulleted list for you guys. The list is entitled Top 10 Reasons why you should NEVER darken the door of JR's.

  1. It is the most sketchy bar ever!!
  2. It makes the Velvet Underground look like a nice elegant place.
  3. The floor is checkered in places and it makes you think you're going to fall down a flight of stairs.
  4. There are stairs leading up to the girls bathroom so that it's on it's own floor. So every time you have to go you have to climb like 2 flights of stairs, possibly in stilettos.
  5. Remember those people from the smoking doors in high school that you wondered where they were? I found them!
  6. Downstairs there's a band who wants to be Metalicca and played a lovely song entitled Angry Lullaby.
  7. Coat check is this tiny little keosk, good luck.
  8. Remember those nights you were at Myrons and people were sketchy and you were like I hate this place even though you secretly loved it. There's no secrets here you really do hate it!
  9. So so dirty!
  10. And finally, IT'S NOT MYRONS!! That's right ladies I found myself missing Myrons a lot last night. Luckily Peake's opens next weekend!

Friday night at the Wave was fine, not overly exciting though. Hope you're all having a better weekend that Marla and I ;) Just kidding it was fun and a true learning experience.

CT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second each of your valid points! I take full responsibility for even suggesting the place- truly a learning experience. A wise suggestion to you all: be very very intoxicated before entering that place! I must admit, even St. James Gate was far less than fun... since the closing of our (secretly) beloved Myrons everyone now haunts the smaller establishments... and it's a free-for-all for skanks and sleazes! Sorry CT, however, we have Peakes to look forward to- at least we know what to expect there! haha

The Girls said...

CT, that was a very entertaining account of you night's activities. I'll make a mental note never to go there. I don't have anything exciting to report from the West coast yet. Amanda and I are heading to Tofino today where she's going to surf and I'm going to watch. that water is far too cold for me. Then back here on Thursday and let the adventures begin ;) Hope you all had a great weekend.

MC