Tuesday, April 26, 2005

They Paved Paradise and put up a Parking Lot

Wow ladies. I may have to leave this Island after all if things keep closing like this on my. First Myron's and now this. No it's not Peake's but it may as well be. I just shed a tear while watching Compass where the announcement was made that Rainbow Valley is closing! I know! I finally become a teacher and this is the last year that Rainbow Valley will be open. The land has been sold to Park's Canada, the stuff will be sold and it will become the main enterance to Cavendish Beach. Direct quote, "Rainbow Valley will operate for this season and in September it will close it's gates forever." Something tells me they're not going to leave the Rainbow up. They're going to put in trails and shit. Maybe they'll at least leavethe squeaky bridge. Well that's all I got, I'm going to go see if I can figure out how to make supper. I've decided to go back and add to this post. I don't know if I told you all but the last Sat night that Myrons was open Pam and I were there and partying it up. We were going into the bathroom upstairs. You know the one, the one most of you have gotten really sick in. Anyway as I went in I thought to myself it's weird we've been running into this bathroom for years and so much has changed but this bathroom is still here. And someday my kids will be running into this bathroom too. Then there's Rainbow Valley. I used to go there every year with my family and I always assumed that someday I'd take my kids there. And now they're both gone! Really quite incredible isn't it.
Love ya's
CT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I have Mrs. Owl????? It is sad. They have to leave the Rainbow up it is a monument!!!!
Amanda