Sunday, April 03, 2005

going commercial

I had one of the greatest nights of my life lastnight and met the people I want to hang out with alot while i am in this amazing city! I went out with a guy I met over Lava Life (Jonny). He is from Sask. pretty much doing the same ol' thing I am in life. He invited me out with him and his friends lastnight. I ended up getting off work early and headed for the journey downtown! I called him from the skytrain station as I didn't know where he lived, and he picked me up with his friend Derrek. Derrek just got back from Oz, so we didn't shutup the whole night. We went to Jonnys' place for awhile. I met his roommate Brad before so at least I knew 3 people. There was about 7 or 8 of us there. I met a guy named Maday from Indo. He is dating one of Jonny's friends Michelle. Then another one of his friends Eddy, his g-friend was there and we ended up exchanging numbers and are going to the art museum soon. Bob is Jonny's bro and his girlfriend Lanny are just super! They are all so great and love to travel, and love the earth. We ended up going to a bar called Rime on Commercial Drive (the bohemian/market/cafe street in Vancouver). Rime is a little Turkish pub (they served Keiths), the hummus and eggplant were to die for. One of Jonny's friends Matt was the drummer in the band that was playing. The Golden Wedding Band is their name. Jazz/Swing........ everyone in the band plays a different instrument from drums, standup bass, trumpet, claranet to guitar! They had so much character. Jonny is great, I ended up chatting with his friends all night. I felt so included. We went back to Jonnys place chilled and watched some of The Aquatic Adventures of Steve Zouzou (think that is how it is spelt), anyway funny movie. Too bad I didn't get to see the ending................
This morning Jonny had to go sailing with his manager from work, so he woke me up before he left and said I could hang out there with Brad and Derrek! So I slept for abit longer then chilled with the guys. Brad is hillarious! He fell lastnight and scraped his fingers, I had to put bandaids on them so I picked out the brightest colors (blue and yellow), so when he woke up this morning he had no clue why there were wacky colored bandages on his fingers! They invited me for brunch and we went to Commercial Drive again!!!!! I am moving there. It is my home! I have already called some places and am going there tomorrow to pass out resumes. I think I will finish Mr. Mikes when Michelle gets here! And then move in May 1st to Commercial. It is right downtown so I could as well get the job at the surf store if it is still offered! My life is finally coming together (I hope and pray). Then during brunch Brad offered to drive me back to Poco on his MOTORCYCLE!!!!!!!! How fun! He wanted to have an excuse to drive it so of course! We got back in time for Jonny to get home so I got to see him before I left! :) The ride was so much fun, after awhile I forgot I was on a motorcycle!!!! I like the turns.
Come visit me in my element! Love, Amanda

No comments: