Sunday, June 05, 2005

My weekend

Hi All,

How was your weekend? Lynds, sounds like you took advantage of the nice weather. As for me, I spent Friday night with the boys of El Torpedo. I think I mentioned before that I recently found out that Tim Baker, a really old family friend of mine is the drummer for Matt Mays. So, they were in town this weekend and I decided to get in touch. He invited me and my roomie, Audra, to come by and hang out at soundcheck. We made it just as they were finishing their last song. Tim came right over and gave me a great big hug. He's such a cutie. He seems to be exactly the same as the last time I saw him which was about 6 or 7 years ago. We chatted for a bit and he introduced us to the rest of the band and their manager. Matt and the other guitar player, Jarrett, had to go to Much for MOD, so we went for a couple drinks with Tim and Andy, the bass player. I've developed a crush on him. He was such a nice guy. They went back to the hotel to get ready and we made it back to the concert just before they played. They were on for an hour and a half and were awesome. CT, I forgot to tell you that I saw Ryan O'Connor there and was talking to him. Pretty funny. After the show we stuck around and had a couple drinks with Tim and talked to the other guys for a bit. around 3:30 they'd finally packed up all the gear and Audra and I decided to head home. It was so much fun. They're going to be playing Ch'town on Canada Day, so the plan is to try and hook up for a bit with Tim before the concert. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. Some of my pics are at http://picturecenter.kodak.ca/view/kpcViewSmall.jsp;jsessionid=aTP0yFzwX1ke?machineid=002&containerID=1755055490 if you want to take a look. Last night I went to my friend Carolyn's boyfriend's house for a night out. a few of their friends came over and the boys played poker. It was nice to just get away from here for awhile. However, today I've been totally useless and haven't gotten anything done. I have a huge list of stuff to do tomorrow. Oh, and today was about 34 with the humidity. kind of gross. I heart smog! That's it for me. Hope you all had great weekends and I'll be at the reunion in 20 days!!!

Love, MC

No comments: