Thursday, July 20, 2006

My news!!

I just got some exciting news yesterday. I've been awarded a FERASI fellowship for the upcoming year!! (FERASI is a big organization dedicated to nursing administration research.) I'm so excited!! My friend David also got one so we're going out for celebratory drinks Monday night. (Julie (and some other classmates) also applied for one but I don't know yet if she got one. She's off learning French right now.) I'll be setting aside some money to fund my trip to a tropical destination so I hope you're serious about going!!!
Darcy was in Montreal this week. He had to write his American boards exam Monday and just left tonight. Tuesday night we went to see Dimitri Martin who was here for the Just for Laughs festival. He was hilarious! Yesterday we did some shopping for his new nephew (Jonas Lee - 8 lbs 14 oz) and later went for drinks with some of D's friends. I also found a Madonna t-shirt like one on her website - which was obviously very exciting for me. :) We went out for dinner at a BYOW place tonight to celebrate my scholarship tonight before he left. Matt arrives back in MTL soon because the meds start back to school Monday. Then MC is coming next Friday!! Yippee!!!!! I'm very excited for your visit - I have lots of plans! (Don't worry - movies and brownies will be scheduled in too!!!) A little over 2 weeks until I arrive in PEI!! Summer in Montreal has been fun but it's not the same as PEI!! I plan to go to the beach as much as possible. Anyone know if you can fix bathing suits once the elastic dies? I don't understand what happened to my fav bathing suit...damn Old Navy.
Miss you lots.
Love, Lynds

3 comments:

The Girls said...

Lynds,

Sounds like we're going to have a very busy weekend! I can't wait. It'll be a nice warm up to PEI. Can't wait to check out that bar you were talking about, as well as shopping, the swimming ;) and everything else. Woo hoo. And congrats again on the moolah :)

MC

The Girls said...

hey lynds, congrats on the fellowship...hope everything is going well, can't wait to see everyone at home!!

Kendra

The Girls said...

Hi Lynds,
Congrats!
I know what you mean about the summer not being the same. I can't wait to lay on a beach and not hear cars and sirens. I can't wait to play in the water and not fear pollution. See you soon!!
Amanda