Friday, November 24, 2006

Scotland has not taken me prisoner

hello girls!!!
I know that my posts are few and far between, but I am still alive and well and out of Scotland. After my 2 months of work at a hotel in the middle of nowhere I am back in civilization. Currently living in Manchester with two friends of Woody's. One is from England and one is from Ireland. I haven't seen two guys drink this much since uni. Living with all guys is a change. I miss girls. Hope to find friends soon!!!
We are doing well. Both found jobs. Woody in a coffee shop and I at a pub and at a sandwich cafe. The pub is just until the New Year as smoking is allowed, therefore cough cough I hate it. Plus I am labeled as the new Canadian girl and if one one more guy asks to show me around I will scream! I have to stop smiling...... but that is impossible for me to do. The sandwich place may have full time after Christmas so if I like that job that would be perfect. Both are just around the corner which is a plus.
The plan is to settle here and work then take mini trips around Europe. We went to Turkey last week....... All I have to say was it was interesting. I am sure that I will laugh about it later. It took me 15 minutes to get through customs because I had a Canadian passport but no Canadian money to give to them! Noone could speak english so they said. Agh!! Other than that it was nice once we got away from the Turkish store owners hasseling us. When you girls go down south for a vacation just walk away unless you really want to buy something. Say a firm NO Thankyou, and keep walking. Being young pretty Canadian girls you will be hasseled. I wish I were going with you. I miss having girls around.
Other than that life has been boring. We went out in Edinburgh with my ex boyfriend Jon. That went well, as nervous as I was for Woody and him to meet. Haven't been out since then. Probally wait for my birthday weekend!
I have no certain plans for Christmas. One of my roomates mom invited us for dinner but they eat Venison..... thinking I might die if I eat that. We'll see, maybe I will try and cook dinner myself..... don't laugh..... ok hahahaha I'm even laughing at that.
Well time to go smell like an ashtray.
Peace and Love, Amanda

No comments: