Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ok I'll do it!

Here goes! I may or may not have a story. My life is pretty much consumed right now with the rink, report cards, a very interesting class and of course my boy toy. Well I have two funny stories. One is my personal life and of course the other is my teacher life.

Story 1 - Personal Life
So I'm watching dancing with the stars last night. Yeah Emmett!!! Right Kendra? Anyway they had some of the couples planning to go on tour on dancing. I'm like oh my God it's Joey MacIntyre. Yeah Joey! Colin asks, "Who's Joey MacIntyre?" I respond with he's one of the New Kids on the Block. Who are they he asks. Well they're a band, you've never heard of the New Kids on the Block? I sing a few lines of Step by Step. No reaction. Try Cover Girl. He says oh I know that song, I thought it's on the oldies sometimes. I thought I would die. My only comforting thought is that it's because he lived in the country and doesn't know what's going on in the world because my brother is the same age and as much as he'd like to deny it he can name all the New Kids and can sing many songs. Anyway hope that gives you some entertainment.

Story 2 - Not funny at all
So there I am at school. My class was having a horrible day, it was a Tuesday and Halloween candy was in abundance. This kid has been going non stop all day, just talking, running around etc. At this point I'm sitting on my stool at the front of the class. I have two munchkins up front within arms reach, this kid being one of them. We're going over some reading and he's got his pencil and he tap tap tapping it. I reach for the pencil and pull it away feeling it hit something. I look at him and ask if the pencil just hit him in the eye. You know when a kid is too shocked to cry. Yeah that was him for about two seconds then he just let her wail. He's crying, I have him standing and I'm hugging him while finishing my directions to the class. He's still bawling, it hurts. Take him in the hall so at least I can ask him in english if I got him in the eyeball. Got his eyelid and there was no mark but still he was upset. I'm thinking God he can't go home and say my teacher hit me with a pencil so I phone and get the machine. Great, I say um there was an accident at school today and he accidentally go hit inthe eye by me by accident and you can call me at home at 367 umm I can't remember the rest but it's in the book. I was a tad flustered. Anyway I get home and there's a Vision Centre number on the phone. Listen to the message and it's this kid's mother telling me that everything is fine they had already planned to go to the optomotrist today. I phone her back at home and she tells me about how she phoned home ot her husband and he says oh my God you're at the doctor how's his eye? She was like huh, it's a check-up and he was like oh his teacher called and said she poked him in the eye with a pencil. Anyway these are the things that I do. Anyway hope to hear from everyone soon.
CT

5 comments:

The Girls said...

Oh CT...those stories are so totally you. However, I can't believe that you would continue to date someone who didn't know who NKOTB were. Not only because that shows how young he is :P, but because they were once such an important part of all of our lives.

MC

The Girls said...

okay, although it does seem very very wrong that he doesn't know who NKOTB is, we have to give him the benefit of the doubt....because just think of who was singing the songs to him....he probably thought they were church hymns, not pop hits from back in the day...now if you had played the actual songs for him and still nothing, well then we would have a problem..

ct..poking a kid in the eye...classic...well at least I hope it was kid you didn't like!!

Kendra

The Girls said...

I can't believe he didn't know about the New Kids! Although I have to agree with Foxy on this one - part of confusion may have been caused by CT's singing. hehe. As for the other story...CT, can we call you Mrs. Woods now that you hit a kid with a pencil??!! LOL.
Lynds

The Girls said...

My first comment on the blog! A real post is coming up next! I'm completely shocked that he had no idea about NKOTB!
As for the pocking the kid in the eye with a pencil...I did it a couple of weeks ago, except instead of a pencil, it was my finger, and I actually felt his eyeball...yuck! Not to mention the poor little boy was so shocked he couldn't speak, which by the way was a nice change for him! As soon as the bell rang I ran right to the washroom to wash my finger, ew - eye goo!

Peg

Anonymous said...

What's with you teachers and the eyeball abuse? haha Sorry CT, that story was funny. I even called Chris into the room so he could laugh with me. And as for the NKOTB thing- well, I suppose he is a country bumpkin, but that is no excuse! I recommend a homework assignment of listening to an old tape and quizzing him about it. haha

Marla

P.S. Now I have "Step by Step" in my head!