Monday, March 20, 2006

Summer plans!

Hi girls,
Did everyone celebrate St. Paddy's Day in full force??? I went out Friday night with some friends and had to wait 1.5 hrs in line in the freezing cold! Luckily it didn't take long to get warmed up with drinks. One woman at the bar was so drunk she actually took her top off...bra included!!
I just got some good/bad news. I got a summer externship position with a McGill hospital!! I'll be at the Royal Victoria Hospital on the transplant unit. I'm very excited because there aren't many positions available. I will be paired with a nurse preceptor, work all his/her shifts and he/she will supervise me with my assigned patients. It will be great to get the experience. Also, most units accept externs with the intention of hiring them when they graduate...so it's a nice way to get into the hospital.
Obviously the bad part is that this will be my first summer away from PEI. Sorry CT!!! I'm already going in withdrawal just thinking about it. I can feel an Asthma attack coming on from the smog! :) (Luckily I have an air conditioner.) I was told there may be a possibility of finishing a week earlier in August but I have to wait and discuss this with the head nurse. I'm trying to plan a trip home just after Easter before my May clinical rotation starts. CT - I hope you're ready...we'll have to pretend it's summer. :)
My only other news is that my baby has her first birthday today. They grow up so fast! I'll take pictures later with her cupcake. Yes...I'm making cupcakes to celebrate! Dogs like cupcakes.
Miss you lots.
Love, Lyndsay

1 comment:

The Girls said...

Hey Lynds, congrats! Don't worry about me I'm going to find my own entertainment here and I plan on saving some money with not being out on the town nearly as much as I used to be. Love CT PS Pretty sure dogs throw up cupcakes but don't send pics of that.