Sunday, July 31, 2005

Storytime

Seeing as the poor blog is feeling so neglected I thought it was time for a story. It's 5:30 and I've just spent the day marvelling at how beautiful this Island really is. Of course I was at Daytime Myrons and the scenery wasn't the only beauty if you know what I'm saying... All right now that I've broken the ice the question is which story to give. Let me tell you some things I learned about the bathrooms in Europe. 1. Bathrooms are not free, in fact the first rest stop we arrived at we had no money and had to pee and actually had to take money out of the bank maching (Lynds did I couldn't get mine to work) buy something in the store to break the 50 and then Lynds had to spot me 50 cents in order for me to pee as well. 2. Toilet seats are a priveledge. That's right at first I thought someone had stolen the toilet seat from my toilet. Turns out no they hadn't that they just don't use toilet seats. Picture it like doing squats, so good for the thighs. 3. A simple handle to flush the toilet is too easy. That's right I saw buttons, I had one in Italy that just flushed every 30 seconds whether it needed to or not, almost threw off my balance as I squated and if I'd fallen I would have gone right in seeing as there was no toilet seat. In fact our first one in London it took Lynds and I a good 5 minutes to figure out you had to turn the handle first one way and then the other in order to flush. 4. There's no better way to scare the crap out of yourself than by having pink or purple toilet paper. I found it so everytime I'd be like ah what's that oh right it's the colour of the toilet paper. So that's just a taste of some of the culture shock we received while we were over there. I'm afraid I can't write anymore right now as I'm absolutely in need of food. 5 hours at the beach on an empty stomach not a good idea, don't recommend it.
Love you girls,
CT

1 comment:

The Girls said...

Sort of a similar situation in Aus, as the toilets all had full and half flush buttons, but not nearly as complicated I don't think. Can't wait to get back to that great 'scenery'.

MC